Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My brake lights are always on, even when the cars off.?

My brake lights never turn off in my 95 nissan altima. I have to take the fuse out for them to turn off. The regular tail lights work perfectly. I changed out the brake light switch and still nothing. Anyone know a solution?
My brake lights are always on, even when the cars off.?
There is a short to ground in the wiring somewhere between the brake switch and the brake lights. Follow the wiring harness looking for a place where the wire may have rubbed through the insulation and is touching metal somewhere.
My brake lights are always on, even when the cars off.?
Short in the brake light circuit.
try lifting up on the brake pedal you may have to conjure a spring to the pedal to hold it up
If you replaced the switch and the problem continues, you will need to adjust the switch so it will be off when the brake pedal is not depressed.
you have a short. get a 12 volt light from a auto parts store and track it down.
look under the driver side dash,where the brake pedal goes up by the steering column,there is a switch there,it may be loose,if yes re tighten it.The lock nut may have come loose.The plunger springy has to make contact with brake pedal when the pedal is up,not being used.
sounds to me like the switch under the brake pedal is stuck. remove it and clean or just get a new one. if the problem persists see a mechanic because you don't seem to mechanically inclined.
maybe the brake light switch need adjusted.
replace the brake light switch on top of the brake pedal.