Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My taillights dont work but my head lights do?! what gives?

so.. my headlights work and my brake lights work. my turning signals blink and all but at night my tail lights wont light up until i brake and then they shut off again? .... my interior lights dont work either.



i changed the fuse so its not that.
My taillights dont work but my head lights do?! what gives?
there must be an electrical problem (short circuit) somewhere. my boyfriends car did the same. take it to an auto electrician,they'll be able to fix it
My taillights dont work but my head lights do?! what gives?
Did your check you bulbs? Your taillight bulbs are double filaments and it seems like the filaments for the tail light part are burned out.
It has to be one of the taillight bulbs. It's possible that it could actually be a front parking light also. In all probability it's one of the back ones though.
You probably have daytime running lights that are automatically turned on with your ignition. Try using the head light switch to turn your head lights on.
Maybe it has got to do with the wiring. The wiring could be a lose contact. Have it checked.
sounds to me like one of the lights itself is out, and it might be causing both of them not to work. I could be it is not getting connection. Have you had it hooked up to a camper or trailer of any sorts. You might have a short in the system.
Again, no car info??? It maybe your switch shorting out, does your dash panel light up when you turn your lights on? also try just turing on your parking lamp any lamps on?
Was the old fuse blown? Do you have a trailer plug? If the old fuse was blown, the new one could have blown straight away. Check the trailer plug, if you have one, for dirt and corrosion which might cause a short circuit, or your trailer wiring to see if you have bottomed out on it and stripped the wires.



Otherwise check the globes.