Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm having problems with the tail lights on my 2000 chevy malibu?

This alll started when I changed the brake light and all lights in the rear (lft and rt side) went out. After that we changed the blue fuse #15 in the door panel but whenever you pressed the brake it kept blowing, then we took out the rt tail light circuit board and it stopped blowing and the lft started working a little (turn signal, brake and reverse work but parking lights don't work, the plate lights don't work) Can someone help me? My husband wants to replace the rt circuit board but I'm not convinced that's the problem (why would that stop the other lights from working?), there's no rust in any of the sockets.
I'm having problems with the tail lights on my 2000 chevy malibu?
I agree, you likely were sold the incorrect bulb. Call the parts store and have them tell you the part numbers for each of the bulbs in the rear. The number of the bulb is usually on the glass or on the base. Verify that all the bulbs are correct using the numbers.



The reason removing one of the circuit boards keeps you from blowing the fuse is that either the bad bulb is being driven from it or it is reducing the load on the circuit far enough for the other bulbs to continue working.



Here is another method (you will need lots of fuses for this). Install a new fuse and remove a bulb, if the fuse blows when you step on the brakes then reinstall the bulb and another fuse. Remove different bulb and try the brakes again, if the fuse blows then keep repeating this process until you find the bad bulb. If you do not find a bad bulb then your circuit board may be blown, but I really doubt it.
I'm having problems with the tail lights on my 2000 chevy malibu?
Remove all the bulbs you recently installed.Look at them carefully and make a serious effort to be certain every one of them is the right number for the socket.