Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Tail lights are brighter than my Brake lights Why?

I just replaced wiring harness on my 2005 Chevy 2500 Cargo Van. It seems as though my brake lights should be brighter. Switched bulbs and everything and nothing changes. Can someone figure this out?
My Tail lights are brighter than my Brake lights Why?
Tail light and brake light circuits are switched.
My Tail lights are brighter than my Brake lights Why?
how is this possible sounds like you must have a short or something. or somebody crossed up your wires incorrectly
1157 bulbs are in backwards. they can fit in this way in some cars. Turn them 180 degrees and re-insert them. this should fix the problem
Probably the wires to the stop/tail lamps are switched. If not then the bulbs could be reversed (in 180 degrees out of line).
Either the bulbs are in wrong or the wiring at the lights are not right. Two filiment bulbs have a notch and key on one side of the black base and some times can be forced into the socket the wrong way. Or something else like single filiment bulb in a two filiment socket.
THE BULBS GO IN A CERTAIN WAY, TRY TURNING THEM A HALF TURN AND SEE HOW THAT WORKS.
The wires to the sockets are wrong. You could fix it just by swapping the tail light and brake light wires at the sockets, but you really need to find out why they're mixed up. They might not be the only thing wrong.
Rewire lights, wired wrong!