Thursday, October 6, 2011

1996 Jeep Cherokee dash/tail lights?

Ever since I changed my headlight switch, the fuses for the dash/tail lights are popping every so often. It's getting worse, because I just changed the fuse on Saturday evening, and I had to change it again yesterday.



Any ideas why this is happening?



--it does have an aftermarket stereo that is probably wired funny, because I have to turn it off at the radio - it won't shut off on it's own when the car is turned off.



--It never did popped fuses before the headlight switch was changed.
1996 Jeep Cherokee dash/tail lights?
Sounds like you may have crushed some wiring in the switch some way when installing, and causing it to ground, and short out... pinching wires can happen easily. I'd say open it back up, and look through the harness wiring, and double check what you did.



- Good Luck!
1996 Jeep Cherokee dash/tail lights?
Either the headlight switch is defective or as you mentioned the stereo is the culprit. Unplug the stereo and see what happens. I would be willing to bet they used the dashlight wire to the stereo as a ground wire for the new stereo. Pops fuses everytime.
SEE A DOCTOR



(DICTOR OF AUTOMOBILE)
  • database
  • long hair styles
  •