Thursday, October 6, 2011

Headlight and tail lights do not work what could be the problem?

I own a 1987 Nissan 300zx (not turbo) v6. I bought it recently and I have two issues the first being my headlights do not work but the high beams do. I have changed fuses and the relays so those can be ruled out. The other problem being my tail lights do not work. My turning signal, brakelights, and emergency lights do though. I have changed the bulbs so i dont think it is that. As for the headlight problems the bulb is a dual beam so it is not the bulb. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated and if you need any more info just let me know.
Headlight and tail lights do not work what could be the problem?
Check the fuseable links out near the battery under a slanted black cover fuseable link wires could be burnt out. The far right hand (passengers side) link may be blown.
Headlight and tail lights do not work what could be the problem?
Replace your headlight switch.
i agree, that seems to be the resistor inside the switch. a new unit should run about $30-$50 depending on where you buy it.
maybe u have a short to ground or a short in your wiring make sure your getting voltage from the connections