Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chevrolet tail lights and dash lights out?

I have a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt, I was recently in an accident and when I got my car back repaired, the tail lights and dash lights are not working. I was thinking it was a simple fuse change, but when I looked, there is not a fuse for either one of these lights. I dont think the bulbs are out in all three places.... (dash, and each tail light)

HELP!!!

I dont want to get a ticket for not having tail lights!
Chevrolet tail lights and dash lights out?
Typically that is a fuse on many cars they are fused together, showing the driver that when the dash lights go out there is another problem too

I do not have a wiring diagram for that vehicle, look in the owners manuel. In some cars there are 2 or 3 fuse panels. If that did not cure the issue I would take it back to the repair shop that did the work, especially if the damage was in the rear.

A loose Ground/bad connection/ broken wire or combination of all 3 could be the problem
Chevrolet tail lights and dash lights out?
did u check the manual for the fuse info? What do you mean by there is not a fuse- missing or non existent?
all of those things are on the same fuse, so that is probably your problem
Check and make sure you did not bump your dimmer switch inside for panel lights to a different position, all should be on same fuse so check owners manual again, this falls under your repair, trust me, it really does, take it back to should should be a quick fix if looked at by mechanic and should be no charge for you if not you will be happy you took it back and had them do the work correctly. Fuse should be near heater or radio fuse. GL!!!