Thursday, October 6, 2011

My tail lights don't work until I hit the brakes?

I changed the bulbs and circuit boards, along with checking all the fuses and ground wires
My tail lights don't work until I hit the brakes?
Well, your tail lights are not your brake lights - they are usually two separate lights. The tail lights are only on when your vehicle lights are on - they are 'running lights' so that other vehicles can see you. And your brake lights only light up when you brake - they are only supposed to go on when you brake not at any other time.



Go to a Jiffy Lube or auto repair shop and have them look at the lights and change them for you. I usually check my lights by backing up to a big storefront window and turn on my lights, checking to see if both tail lights are on, and then touch the brake pedal and make sure both brake lights come on. You can check back-up lights too and turn signals that way.. If any lights are out you will be able to see that in the window. For the record, tail lights, brake lights should show up as red lights from the red plastic housing. Back up lights are white (clear plastic), and turn signals are amber color (yellow) plastic housing.
My tail lights don't work until I hit the brakes?
thats how there suppose to work lol it tells the car behind you your stopping
I think that your tail lights don't work at all, and your brake lights work when you put on the brakes, so you think they are the tail lights.

Have a shop take a look and see if your lights actually do work. And if not, they will find out why.