Thursday, October 6, 2011

Brake lights, blinkers, yet no tail lights?

I have a 1987 Toyota Supra That has no tail lights. I have the brake lights and blinkers in the rear. I have changed the bulbs and the fuses what else could be wrong and how can I fix this problem. Could it also be the lamp failure box I found there and How would I fix this if it is the issue Thank you
Brake lights, blinkers, yet no tail lights?
It has to be something that is causing both sides to fail simultaneously. It could even be in the switch. I would start tracing wires down and checking with a meter to see where you stop getting power, but it is strange that the brake lights work.



Good luck.
Brake lights, blinkers, yet no tail lights?
it will be the combination switch on the steering column
Check all the bulbs-

All the way from the front bumper markers, to the rear, And make sure the 3rd Brake light bulb is good, I have found the the 3rd Light bulb would cause my brake lights not to work...
Take your car to a place that does electrical work on cars. You must have a loose wire or a short in the tail light.
do you have parking lights up front or just the tail lights not working ? if you dont have parking lights at all the problem is on your light switch . good luck buddy
A relay or a fuse there are 2 tail lights so it must be common to both .